Beth Harms, LPC, SAC-IT, NCC
Licensed Professional Counselor
Your life story is significant and complex. I approach therapy holistically and view each person as a unique and valuable individual. Using a combination of Person-Centered Therapy, Cognitive Behavior Therapy, and Emotion-Focused Therapy, we will work collaboratively to discover your strengths, uncover past strategies, and introduce new tools to implement positive change. I believe the purpose of counseling is to build a professional and therapeutic relationship that fosters trust and confidentiality and promotes health and resilience for the whole person.
Feeling heard and understood without judgment is foundational for emotional exploration and healing. By combining practical tools, insight, and skill development, my clients and I will work together to create a climate for self-discovery and positive change. With hope as the springboard, you will be challenged, prepared, and empowered to enjoy the abundant life that is available to each and every one of us!
Practice Focus: Adults and Adolescents
- Substance Use
- Mood Disorders
- End of Life
- Grief and Loss
Education and Training
- M. A. – Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Grace College, Indiana
- National Certified Counselor (NCC)
- Specialized training in substance use counseling (SAC-IT)
- Certified Level I – EFIT Counseling (Emotionally Focused Individual Therapy)
- Certified Prepare/Enrich Facilitator (Couples Therapy)
- Over 20 years of experience working in non-profit settings with diverse populations