Defamation, Copyright & Trademark Infringement Policy
Respecting Your Legal Rights
As a responsible website publisher, we support the protection of your reputation and the protection of your intellectual property rights. We do not edit, pre-vet or review any third party material displayed on this website. We operate a notice and take down procedure regarding such material. In furtherance of this policy, we have established the procedures below to report any items that you believe defame you or constitute copyright or trademark infringement.
Upon receipt of appropriate notification as set forth herein, where we deem it appropriate, we will take down or disable access to the material that is claimed to be infringing. Please be aware that providing false or misleading information in the notification of claim may result in civil and/or criminal liability.
NOTE: THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS PROVIDED EXCLUSIVELY FOR NOTIFYING US THAT YOU BELIEVE YOU HAVE BEEN DEFAMED BY CONTENT ON THIS WEBSITE. ALL OTHER INQUIRIES WILL NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE THROUGH THIS PROCESS.
If you believe that any content on this website contains statements that are defamatory to you, please email our Designated Agent: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that you have been defamed, your written notification must include the following:
- Your contact information including your name, postal address, telephone number, email address, and occupation if applicable;
- Identification of the content and the location of the content on this website (where possible, cut and paste in your written notification all content that you believe is defamatory) that you believe is defamatory to you and state why you believe it is defamatory;
- A statement as to why the defamatory content is untrue and the extent that it is damaging to you;
- A good faith statement, submitted under the penalty of perjury, that the information provided by you in the notification is accurate and true.
Notice and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement
NOTE: THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS PROVIDED EXCLUSIVELY FOR NOTIFYING US THAT YOUR COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL MAY HAVE BEEN INFRINGED. ALL OTHER INQUIRIES WILL NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE THROUGH THIS PROCESS.
If you believe that your copyright has been infringed on this website, written notification must be submitted to the following
- Hibu Inc.
- Legal Department
- 90 Merrick Avenue, Suite 530
- East Meadow, New York 11554
To be effective, the notification must include the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an electronic mail address at which you may be contacted;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
It is our policy in appropriate circumstances to disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who are repeat infringers.
Last Updated: May 2018.