Jennifer Vann, Psy.D.
Waukesha Stress Management Clinic: (262) 544-6486
In therapy, I work to build a safe therapeutic environment where I can best understand a client’s perspective and unique experiences. Emphasis is placed on building trust and authenticity in the therapeutic relationship. I work directly with clients to create meaningful and successful plans for progress and growth. Change is achieved through consideration of the past, while maintaining a focus on the present, and working to understand how these experiences impact current concerns.
I have extensive experience helping people make positive change in their lives. This has included working with community agencies, schools, hospitals, and clinics. Through this work, I have developed an integrative approach to helping people find the change they seek. This often incorporates Psychodynamic, Cognitive-Behavioral, Humanistic and Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, including approaches from different orientations that complement each other in ways that most benefit the client.
Areas of Specialty
- Depression and other mood disorders
- Anxiety disorders
- Grief and loss
- Navigating difficult life changes that impact mental health
- Relationships issues
- Severe and persistent mental illness
- Psy.D. (Doctor of Psychology) – Wisconsin School of Professional Psychology
- M.S. (Master of Science) – Cultural Foundations of Education, UW–Milwaukee
- Wisconsin Psychological Association
- American Psychological Association